Search

Pages

How To Paint Your Pumpkins!

Well I had been meaning to paint my pumpkins but I finally got around to it. Jason's grandma wanted to babysit Kaley so it gave me a few hours to get it done :-) Here is the step by step for painting your pumpkin.
 
How To Paint Your Pumpkin
 
{ Supplies }
 
Paintbrushes
Something to trace the letters that has a sharp or hard edge (I used a mechanical pencil)
Paint (I used the cheap acrylic paint from walmart)
Ribbon (if you want to add a bow)
Paper towels
Scissors
Tape
 
1. Started on http://www.dafont.com and found a fount that I liked. They have tons! They even have fonts specific to halloween. You download and install them. It's ver simple. Click "help" on there page and it will tell you how to do it.

2. Use a word processor to type what you want and increase the font size

3. Print and cut either the letters out of the word as a whole.

4. Tape the word or letter to the pumkin.



5. I tried different methods the easy way I found was to trace the outline of the letters with my zebra mechanical pencil, the metal in was good for tracing it. It left slight visible lines on the pumpkins so you could trace them.


6. Trace the letters with a sharpie and then paint your letters or you can skip the sharpie and just paint your letters in.


7. Add a bow and Voila! Cool looking pumpkins!



** TIP **

Have a damp paper towel handy, if you make a mistake wipe it immediately with the wet paper towel and it will come right off.

 
Did you paint a pumpkin this year? Show us!
 
P.S. I know that my english on my Thomas pumpkin is wrong. It should be Thomases per the internet....put it's a little too late to correct it now...I never was the best at English :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment